Friday 29 October 2010

Battlestar buggeration

Damn. There's bad news and good news for Battlestar fans...

Bad news first. SyFy (it's still a stupid name for a network) has cancelled Caprica  (click for the news story) with immediate effect. Just when it was getting good. Idiots.

To add insult to injury, somehow, the woeful Haven has been greenlit for a second series. Probably because it's cheap (and nasty). See my review of the steaming, rancid turd that is Haven  here.

The rest of the Caprica episodes will be shown at the start of 2011. It was a slow-burner without the immediate flashiness or giant battles of Battlestar, but I for one, will miss it.

Now the good news: Syfy may have redeemed themselves in my book, because, according  to the US website TV guide, SyFy has given the go-ahead for a second prequel series, called Blood and Chrome  . Frakk, it sounds good - set 10 years into the first Cylon War,  a young Ensign William Adama finds himself aboard the fleet's newest battleship, the Battlestar Galactica.

My thoughts? I have two words for you - hubba, and hubba. The 2 hour pilot starts filming next year.

I want it. And I want it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment