Tuesday 9 November 2010

The Walking Dead...er...walk on.

AMC has already renewed The Walking Dead for a second season. Not really surprising, regarding it had a best debut for any cable show ever in the states.

Here's a pointless quote from the head of AMC...

“The ‘Dead’ has spread!” said Charlie Collier, President, AMC. “No other cable series has ever attracted as many Adults 18-49 as The Walking Dead. This reaffirms viewers’ hunger for premium television on basic cable. We are so proud to be bringing back The Dead again, across the globe.”

So there you go. I watched the second episode last night, followed by the latest episode of Dexter. Needless to say, I squealed like a little girl all the way through, and afterwards I needed a lie-down in a darkened room, and half a junior dispirin. I even considered sleeping with the light on.

Several sharp slaps later from my GLW, and being told to stop being Mr Soggy-pants, I have to tell you that the tension continues to be ramped-up throughout episode 2, which is called "Guts". It doesn't take a brain surgeon (or abdominal surgeon, boom boom!) to work out why.



It's so gross at one point, that the only dialogue from all the cast members for a good three minutes consists of a single word: "ewwwwwwww!"

I'm lovin' it. Someone in my regular job called me a sicko the other day (because I watched "Drag me to Hell" on the train into work). They're probably right.

No comments:

Post a Comment